All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis exquisitely illustrated volume provides an in-depth look at spring-blooming wildflowers of the Northeast, from old favorites to lesser-kwn species. Featuring more than 500 full-color photos in a stunning large-sized format, the book delves deep into the life histories, lore, and cultural uses of more than 35 plant species. The rich narrative covers topics such as the naming of wildflowers; the reasons for taxomic changes; pollination of flowers and dispersal of seeds; uses by Native Americans; related species in other parts of the world; herbivores, plant pathogens, and pests; medicinal uses; and wildflower references in history, literature, and art. The photos capture the beauty of these plants and also illustrate the concepts discussed in the text. A book unlike any other, Spring Wildflowers of the Northeast combines the latest scientific research with an accessible, entertaining style, making it the ideal volume for readers of all levels of expertise. * Showcases the Northeast's most spectacular spring-blooming wildflowers * Features more than 500 full-color photos * Covers the life histories, lore, and cultural uses of more than 35 species * Combines the latest scientific research with an easy-to-read style * Offers something new for seasoned botanists as well as armchair naturalists
- Author BiographyCarol Gracie is an acclaimed naturalist, photographer, and writer. Now retired, she worked for many years as an educator and tour leader with the New York Botanical Garden before teaming up with Scott Mori, her husband, on botanical research projects in South America. Her books include Wildflowers in the Field and Forest.
- Author(s)Carol Gracie
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication21/02/2012
- SubjectNatural History: Plants
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note512 color illus.
- Weight1171 g
- Width190 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Foreword byEric Lamont
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.