All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA narrative-driven book on the surprising history and current revival of spritz cocktails (a wine-based drink served as an aperitif), with 50 recipes, including both historical classics and modern updates. From Milan to Los Angeles, Venice to New York, the spritz--Italy's bitter and bubbly aperitivo cocktail--has become synymous with a leisurely, convivial golden hour. But the spritz is more than just an early evening cocktail--it's a style of drinking. In Spritz, Talia Baiocchi and Leslie Pariseau trace the drink's origins to ancient Rome, uncover its unlikely history and culture, explore the evolution of aperitivo throughout Northern Italy, and document the spritz's revival around the world. From regional classics to modern variations, Spritz includes dozens of recipes from some of America's most lauded bartenders, a guide to building a spritz bar, and a collection of food recipes for classic Italian snacks to pair alongside.
- Author BiographyTALIA BAIOCCHI is the editor-in-chief of Punch and the author of James Beard Award- nominated Sherry. She has written for Bon Appetit, Saveur, and many more. She lives in Brooklyn. LESLIE PARISEAU is the former deputy editor of Punch. She has written for the New York Times, GQ, Esquire, and Saveur. She lives in Brooklyn.
- Author(s)Leslie Pariseau,Talia Baiocchi
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication14/03/2016
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Note50 photos
- Weight408 g
- Width203 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.