Best-selling in Other Books
Save on Other Books
- AU $65.92Trending at AU $69.99
- AU $22.77Trending at AU $28.62
- AU $14.87Trending at AU $19.67
- AU $15.00Trending at AU $19.82
- AU $29.09Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $18.01Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.03Trending at AU $26.12
About this product
- DescriptionSPURFHEAD is about sex, drugs, rock-n-roll and survival. It's about an abused girl who grew up in the bay area in the heat of the vietnam war. A girl who fell in love with the concept of Peace, Love, Daisy-chains and Laughs. Moving from her home in California to a small town in Idaho she became very rebellious, pregnant, and forced to give her child up for adoption, only to find out years later that she'd never have ather one. Her dreams shattered, she turned to drugs and found a new life filled with rock stars and dreams-come-true. She began working with bands, went on the road with Man-O-War, met people like John Kalodner, Aerosmith and became friends with Steven Tyler. Moving back to California, she found her daughter and sobriety. Just when she thought it couldn't get any better, her best friend and brother, Glen, died of a brain tumor, three weeks after his diagsis. It was her worst-case-senario. Karen moved back to Idaho after his death to be closer to her parents and her brother's two kids, a place she swore she'd never go back to. His death eventually became so unbearable, suicide became her only option. An angel watching over her, she survives her fatal attempt at death and lives w to tell her story. Spurfhead is truly a story of survival and was written in hopes of helping others to see that there is light at the end of the tunnel and we can survive the worst of the worse, despite what people tell us. Half of the proceeds from Spurfhead will go towards opening and funding the Glen Jones Foundation dedicated to doing research on GlioBlastoma Multiform stages III and IV... the worst cancer there is.
- Author(s)Professor Karen Jones
- Date of Publication05/12/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight676 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.