Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.63Trending at AU $53.55
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.69
- AU $89.19Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $24.72
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionA retiring MI6 officer hits upon a clandestine ring hibernating in the upper echelons of the British Secret Service. Recognizing that he is under watch, and fearing for his own life, he resorts to urthodox means. Zach Taylor, a Canadian Anglo-Saxon chauvinist, and a fellow combatant in the late WW I is his choice. The man is arguably the best detective journalist ever. Never failing a friend, and with little fear in his heart, the Canadian accepts the mission diligently. Taylor's journey takes him to incredibly fantastic situations and exotic lands. Few steps into his investigations, he has to hunt back an African soldier, from the French army invading Mexico in 1864, who runs into Civil War Louisiana, where he witnesses a terrible secret. Suddenly, something appears to be related to a Christian mission in Belgian Congo at the turn of the century, and the murder of the British Goverr-General of Sudan a few years later. Then again, definitely every thing has to do with Napoleon III and his schemes in Protestant North America, correcting his great uncle's mistake, and retaking Dixie back. But how can those absurd events be relevant in a spymasters hunt eighty years later? Every character has a tale to tell, but the truth eludes Taylor, and his targets-turned-pursuers, to the very end, when suddenly the aberrant threads converge into the most incredible kt. Spy Hunt in Dixie, literally is historical fiction, but as well a challenge to the mind and imagination of every fan of the mystery genre. Praise for Spy Hunt in Dixie Recommended for the fans of Dean Koontz, Nelson DeMille and W.E.B. Griffin. When I finished it, I had equal satisfaction to reading Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy or watching a Jason Bourne movie. Only this work is more mental. Absolute suspense, really to the last page. Suspenseful and detective work of the first grade. Great civil war history as well.
- Author(s)Max Connelly
- Date of Publication30/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.