All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- Description<b><i>Sri Lanka Style</i> showcases 30 of the finest traditional and modern dwellings in Sri Lanka.</b> Reflecting its location and status as a hub of Indian Ocean trade from time immemorial, the tropical island of Sri Lanka has always been open to the movements and patters of world culture. Indigeus architects and cultural traditions, colonial incursions and the vagaries of living in a tropical environment have combined to produce a distinctive Sri Lankan architectural style: thick lime-washed walls, tall windows and doors, terracotta or granite tile floors, open pavilions and verandas, courtyard gardens, elaborately carved furniture and vibrant hand-looms. The Sri Lankan homes vary from private homes to retreats and resorts, all designed by the island's most creative architects and interior designers including some by the world-rewned architect Geoffrey Bawa that have never been seen before. These works demonstrate the essentials of the Sri Lankan spaces open to the elements and the natural use of space and decor, contributing to a palpable sense of peace and discipline. In addition, there are practical design ideas that can be applied to any tropical locale. Photographed entirely on location, <i>Sri Lanka Style</i> is an inspirational source book of contemporary tropical style.
- Author Biography<b>Channa Daswatte</b> is one of Sri Lanka's leading architects and also writes frequently for international and local journals and magazines. He trained under Geoffrey Bawa, Sri Lanka's most prolific and influential architect. Photographer, <b>Dominic Sansoni</b> has worked as a professional photographer in Sri Lanka since 1980, documenting subjects as diverse as roadside shrines, temple interiors, architecture, traditional ways of life and the people of the island. He has published a number of books on Sri Lanka and has collaborated on several others on Southeast Asia.
- Author(s)Channa Daswatte,Dominic Sansoni
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Notecol
- Weight1474 g
- Width228 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.