All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionSurveying the life and times of Aidan of Lindisfarne, this book draws insights into missional approaches to inspire both outreach and discipleship for today's Church. As in his previous BRF book, Hilda of Whitby, Ray Simpson shows that such figures from past centuries can provide models for Christian life and witness today. An author and speaker on Celtic spirituality with a worldwide reputation, he combines historical fact with spiritual lessons in a highly accessible style.
- Author BiographyRay Simpson is a founder of the international new monastic movement known as The Community of Aidan and Hilda and is principal tutor of its Celtic Christian Studies programmes. He has written some thirty books on spirituality and lives on the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, where many Christian leaders come to the Community's Retreat House and Library and for consultation. He tweets a daily prayer @whitehouseviews and writes a weekly blog on www.raysimpson.org Brent is an ordained Minister employed as a Mission Catalyst for the Baptist Union of Victoria working with church leaders on community engagement projects. He is also passionate about social justice issues and represents the denomination on a number of ecumenical advocacy bodies. Prior to this he worked with Urban Seed for ten years, pioneering community development and social inclusion projects in areas of intergenerational poverty. Brent is a published author and has degrees in Theology and Social Science. He is a leader of the Celtic inspired Community of Aidan and Hilda in Australia and believes that monastics make great social entrepreneurs! Brent lives in Geelong, Australia with his wife Belinda and son Thomas where they follow the Cats Australian Rules football team.
- Author(s)Ray Simpson
- PublisherBRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship)
- Date of Publication22/07/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship)
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.