All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionEven while he was still alive, Dominican friar Albert of Cologne was widely called Magnus the Great. His contemporaries said St. Albert simply knew all there was to kw; he was a scientist, theologian, and philosopher; a teacher, preacher, and negotiator; a shrewd shepherd and an unflinching defender of the Faith. The time has come to re-discover St. Albert's greatness, and to profit from his prodigious wisdom and virtue as did his famous student, St. Thomas Aquinas. Author Kevin Vost presents St. Albert's brilliant scholarly career at the height of the Church's intellectual renewal in the thirteenth century. St. Albert was tireless (and courageous) in his leadership and works of reform as a Dominican provincial and diocesan bishop. Desperate popes pressed him into diplomatic missions, hoping that Magnus might succeed in making peace where lesser men had failed. These pages t only tell St. Albert's story they share his lessons. Each chapter uses Albertine teachings, and the witness of the saint's life, to instruct, edify, and inspire us to greater holiness and more ardent love. Read St. Albert and see why the greatest man of his age has great things to offer our age as well.
- Author BiographyKevin Vost, Psy.D. (born 1961) is the author of <i>Memorize the Faith! (And Most Anything Else): Using the Methods of the Great Catholic Medieval Memory Masters </i> and <i> Fit for Eternal Life: A Catholic Approach to Working Out, Eating Right, and Building the Virtues of Fitness Within Your Soul </i> and <i> St. Albert the Great: Champion of Faith and Reason</i>. An advocate of the sound mind in a healthy body credo so dear to the classical philosophers, Dr. Vost, psychologist and physical fitness expert, seeks to share with Catholic audiences how we can heed Christ s call to be perfect in mind, body, and soul.
- Author(s)Kevin Vost
- PublisherTan Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTan Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.