All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionStretching from Lundin Links on the rth shore of the Firth of Forth around the coast to the southern shore of the Firth of Tay, North-East Fife is a largely rural area. Buses started running here in the early 1920s, operators setting up services from Anstruther in the East Neuk, Kirkcaldy and Cupar. Although the bus network continued to grow, passenger numbers were only really boosted by the end of railway services in the area during the Beeching Cuts. From the Royal and Ancient Burgh of St Andrews through towns like Cupar and Leuchars to the fishing communities of the East Neuk like Crail and Anstruther, Walter Burt uses a wide selection of period and colour images to tell the story of St Andrews and North-East Fife's Buses from the First World War military surplus equipment of the early 1920s to the modern vehicles used by Stagecoach Fife and Moffat & Williamson today.
- Author BiographyWalter was born in Dunfermline on April 1962. He is a Fitter/Turner to trade having spent 14 years in Rosyth Dockyard. He also worked in the signalling centre at Waverley Station in Edinburgh as a Train Performance Clerk and within the main station as a Station Officer. He has been driving buses with Stagecoach Fife for 16 years working from Dunfermline depot. He is the owner of Fife's last Y-type Leyland Leopard, FPE189, which is currently undergoing restoration. He also runs the successful fifescottish.com website, although it has been a bit neglected of late. He is a keen railway modeller (with no layout at present). He is married and has two children.
- Author(s)Walter Burt
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.