All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers a coherent account of St Augustine's educational thought, including coverage of the reception and influence of his work and its relevance today. St Augustine is indisputably a major thinker in education. Ryan Topping's volume offers the most coherent account of St Augustine's educational thought. This work is divided into: intellectual biography; critical exposition of St Augustine's work; the reception and influence of St Augustine's work; and, the relevance of the work today. This title comes from a major international reference series providing comprehensive accounts of the work of seminal educational thinkers from a variety of periods, disciplines and traditions. It is the most ambitious and prestigious such project ever published - a definitive resource for at least a generation. The thinkers include: Aquinas, Aristotle, Bourdieu, Bruner, Dewey, Foucault, Freire, Holt, Kant, Locke, Montessori, Neill, Newman, Owen, Peters, Piaget, Plato, Rousseau, Steiner, Vygotsky, West and Wollstonecraft.
- Author BiographyRyan Topping is a Post-doctoral Fellow in Catholic Studies and a Classical, Medieval and Renaissance Studies Fellow in the College of Arts and Science at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Author(s)Ryan Topping
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleContinuum Library of Educational Thought
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.