Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionAddressed to an educated general readership, Lancel's authoritative study places St Augustine against the colourful background of the Mediterranean world of antiquity, exploring the major influences, events and competing philosophies which were formative for his thought and theology. Attention is given to the essential features of what became both Catholic and Protestant doctrines, the dotrine of grace in controversy with Pelagius and to Augustine's formidable supporter Julian of Eclanum. This translation invites English-speaking readers to share in Lancel's intimate and sympathetic kwledge of one of the greatest figures in Christian antiquity.
- Author BiographySerge Lancel is Professor of Ancient History at the University of Grenoble. His other books include Carthage: A Cultural History and Hannibal.
- Author(s)Serge Lancel
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Note1 black & white illustration
- Weight31 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine80 mm
- Translated byAntonia Nevill
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.