All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes several tractable theories for fluid flow in porous media. The important mathematical quations about structural stability and spatial decay are address. Thermal convection and stability of other flows in porous media are covered. A chapter is devoted to the problem of stability of flow in a fluid overlying a porous layer. Nonlinear wave motion in porous media is analysed. In particular, waves in an elastic body with voids are investigated while acoustic waves in porous media are also analysed in some detail. A chapter is enclosed on efficient numerical methods for solving eigenvalue problems which occur in stability problems for flows in porous media. Brian Straughan is a professor at the Department of Mathemactical Sciences at Durham University, United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Brian Straughan
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/11/2010
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleApplied Mathematical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number165
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight694 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.