All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book addresses a gap in the model-theoretic understanding of valued fields that had limited the interactions of model theory with geometry. It contains significant developments in both pure and applied model theory. Part I of the book is a study of stably dominated types. These form a subset of the type space of a theory that behaves in many ways like the space of types in a stable theory. This part begins with an introduction to the key ideas of stability theory for stably dominated types. Part II continues with an outline of some classical results in the model theory of valued fields and explores the application of stable domination to algebraically closed valued fields. The research presented here is made accessible to the general model theorist by the inclusion of the introductory sections of each part.
- Author BiographyDeirdre Haskell is a Professor in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at McMaster University. Ehud Hrushovski is a Professor in the School of Mathematics at the University of Leeds. Dugald Macpherson is a Professor in the Department of Mathematics at the Hebrew University at Jerusalem.
- Author(s)Deirdre Haskell,Dugald Macpherson,Ehud Hrushovski
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2007
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Logic
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.