Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionStable solutions are ubiquitous in differential equations. They represent meaningful solutions from a physical point of view and appear in many applications, including mathematical physics (combustion, phase transition theory) and geometry (minimal surfaces). Stable Solutions of Elliptic Partial Differential Equations offers a self-contained presentation of the tion of stability in elliptic partial differential equations (PDEs). The central questions of regularity and classification of stable solutions are treated at length. Specialists will find a summary of the most recent developments of the theory, such as nlocal and higher-order equations. For beginners, the book walks you through the fine versions of the maximum principle, the standard regularity theory for linear elliptic equations, and the fundamental functional inequalities commonly used in this field. The text also includes two additional topics: the inverse-square potential and some background material on submanifolds of Euclidean space.
- Author BiographyLouis Dupaigne is an assistant professor at Universite Picardie Jules Verne in Amiens, France.
- Author(s)Louis Dupaigne
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/2011
- Series TitleMonographs and Surveys in Pure and Applied Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number143
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Series Edited byHaim Brezis
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.