Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $19.48
About this product
- DescriptionBirmingham sets new standards in alternate history, time travel, and sheer dancing-on-the-edge-of-the lava gonzo inventiveness. Solid and wild at the same time. - S.M. Stirling, author of Dies the Fire Ten years have passed since Admiral Kolhammer's 21st century battlefleet was dragged into a wormhole and thrown across oceans of time, emerging with disastrous consequences and shattering the history of the Second World War. Hitler and the Nazis have fallen, Kolhammer sits in the White House, but Stalin rules half of Europe and Asia. The great Soviet engines of state power turn and burn to 'set history right'. Not just of the war, but of all future time. In Rome with his lover Julia Duffy, an older, mellower Prince Harry is drawn into Stalin's plans when a simple game of spies goes horribly wrong. Underneath the eternal city, former Spetsnaz officer Pavel Ivav fights a running battle with the NKVD's executioner-in-chief as Stalin's minions fight to preserve the secret of a weapon that could destroy the West with one, fearsome blow. In Stalin's Hammer: Rome, the first of a series of serialised vellas, John Birmingham returns to the world he destroyed along with the US Fleet at Midway in the Axis of Time series.
- Author BiographyJohn Birmingham is the author of the cult classic He Died With a Felafel in His Hand, the award-winning history Leviathan, and the trilogy comprising Weapons of Choice, Designated Targets and Final Impact as well as the Disappearance series comprising Without Warning, After America and Angels of Vengeance. Between writing books he contributes to a wide range of newspapers and magazines on topics as diverse as biotechnology and national security. Before becoming a writer he began his working life as research officer with the Defence Department's Office of Special Clearance and Records.
- Author(s)John Birmingham
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPan Australia
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.