All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionAn amateur stamp collector and antique enthusiast, James Freeman, takes a vacation from his Washington DC accounting firm to acquire an exquisite French Armoire that he located on the internet. With his Mapquest print-out in hand, he leaves the comforts of the city and heads into the mountains of West Virginia. He travels to the village of Wanton, where he ventures down the wrong road, and becomes the prime suspect in the drowning of Sam Austin. The locals believe The Cheat River Ghosts are responsible for this murder and the cold case murders from the past. Nevertheless, the Sheriff, who doesn't believe in ghosts, is convinced that James came to his town for more than a piece of furniture. The Cheat River has claimed one life from the McKeel clan for the last three generations. With steadfast determination, James fights with all of his might to break the curse, before the river claims the life of his newly found love, Carolyn McKeel. Because of his meddling into the mysteries of Wanton, James wakes up battered, beaten and bruised in the hospital. This warning for him to get out of town only makes him more determined to find out who is responsible for his injuries, the death of Sam Austin, and the recent shenanigans in Wanton. James has the life he's always desired in Washington-A high paying career, a big, antiques-filled house, the freedom to pursue his stamp-collection hobby, and his solitude. Will he give it all up for love and the quirky friendships he makes in Wanton? Howdy, ya'll come in and sit a spell. This is a typical greeting from the Appalachian English of West Virginia. We mean it too. We'll drop whatever (everwhat) we're doing to spend time with our visitors. We'll insist on feeding you even if (if'n), you're t (you ain't) hungry, then we'll sit a spell (on the porch weather permitting), and enjoy our coffee or sweet tea, as we spin a yarn or two. When night falls, and supper's been ate, our guest--our friend, is bade to spend the night. Upon refusal, we say, Ya'll come back when you can stay longer. Stamp Out Murder is charming, witty and funny, the characters become friends; people you want to spend more time with, and the pace is fast. It's an easy book that's fun to read aloud to your children and grandchildren. A book to share if you'd like, or one to keep to yourself. Be proud of who you are and of where you come from. A favorite quote to calm the mind is found in Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is ble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.
- Author BiographyCher'ley Grogg first wants to greet you, Howdy. Cher'ley writes different genres. Stamp Out Murder is her first novel to be published; however, she has many poems, short stories and articles published online and in print books. She has a children's mystery book and a picture book completed, and a YA novel and a suspense novel that are waiting for editing. Some of her hobbies are photography, and painting fine art. She has received awards in both mediums and she has art is in collections throughout the United States and foreign countries. She enjoys fishing, reading, walking, dancing, and long, long baths. She loves the Lord, her husband, children and grandchildren, and loves spending time with each of them. Lizzie, her boxer is a true joy. Cher'ley and her husband, Del, have seen the country through the windshield of a big yellow Kenworth Commercial truck, which they named Penelope, because with its blue fenders and spoiler, it reminded her of Penelope on Criminal Minds (the Blonde hair and heavy blue eye-shadow). There are many beautiful and fascinating states, but none as pretty (to them), as West Virginia. The Kanawha River is in their front yard and sometimes (not often enough), Cher'ley heads over the bank with her fishing pole, a few worms and Lizzie to see if they can catch supper. Her very favorite thing to do is laugh. She looks for every opportunity to share in something fun and interesting. She also likes to apply different Bible verses to her life. During the publication process of her novel, the one that speaks to her the most is found in Philippians 4:8. She likes to close with that verse. 'Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.' She'd like to say, Ya'll come back to see me when you can.
- Author(s)Cher'ley Grogg
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.