All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
About this product
- DescriptionStan Lee (b. 1922), co-creator of The Amazing Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, and The Uncanny X-Men, is one of the most successful writers and publishers of comics. During the 1960s and 1970s, he wrote superhero adventures for Marvel Comics. His storylines imbued the genre with angst and contemporary politics and focused as much on the personal lives of his characters as on heroics. His work, in collaboration with cartoonists such as Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, remains deeply influential. His role as a spokesperson and impresario for Marvel paved the way for the superhero genre to be taken seriously by the critical establishment and for the penetration of Marvel Comics into mainstream American culture. Stan Lee: Conversations collects interviews ranging from 1968 to 2005. Lee's charm, good humor, and keen business sense are on display. He has spirited conversations with cartoonists Jack Kirby, Harvey Kurtzman, and Roy Thomas, talk show host Dick Cavett, and Jenette Kahn (head of DC Comics, Marvel's rival), among others. He talks with candor about his creative process, publishing, film and television adaptations of his comic books, and the evolution of the comics industry. The volume concludes with a new interview conducted by the editor.
- Author BiographyJeff McLaughlin is assistant professor of philosophy at Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops, British Columbia.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication30/07/2007
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleConversations with Comic Artists Series
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJeff McLaughlin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.