Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.46Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionWith Contributions by John Piper, John MacArthur, Jerry Bridges, Randy Alcorn, and Helen Roseveare These powerful calls to godly perseverance from four admired Christians elevate the value and necessity of lifelong faithfulness in the lives of God's people. Many people seek to better their lives by leaving, changing, swapping, or modifying their commitments. But God's Word holds up a beautiful value that, while difficult, leads to deep satisfaction and great reward: endurance. Such long, steady, hold-the-course perseverance is especially needed within our vacillating generation. This thoughtful book thus t only elevates the virtue of godly endurance but bears witness to its power in the Christian life through the exhortations of John Piper-who provides the context and overview for the entire book-John MacArthur, Jerry Bridges, Randy Alcorn, and Helen Roseveare. Each contributor represents a different kind of endurance: from MacArthur's longtime, faithful shepherding of a church to Alcorn's radical obedience in the culture wars, from Bridges' unswerving patience through suffering to Roseveare's courageous constancy on the war-torn mission field. <cite>Stand</cite> will awaken and solidify rugged, Christ-exalting endurance in people who are weary in their faith journey or who simply long to remain firm to the end. And for everyone who dreams of a Christian culture-shift from brief trial runs to lifelong commitments, John Piper and Justin Taylor's latest offering is a watershed that will serve to seal that vision in people's minds and hearts.
- Author BiographyJohn Piper (DTheol, University of Munich) is teacher and founder of desiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College and Seminary. He served for 33 years as senior pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis and is author of more than 50 books, including Desiring God, Don't Waste Your Life, This Momentary Marriage, Bloodlines, and Does God Desire All to Be Saved? Justin Taylor (PhD candidate, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is vice president of book publishing and an associate publisher at Crossway. He has edited and contributed to several books including A God-Entranced Vision of All Things and Reclaiming the Center, and he blogs at Between Two Worlds--hosted by the Gospel Coalition. Jerry Bridges is a longtime staff member of the Navigators and currently serves with their collegiate ministry. In addition to his international speaking ministry, he has authored ten books and three devotionals; among them <cite>The Pursuit of Holiness</cite>, which has sold well over a million copies, and the award-winning <cite>The Discipline of Grace</cite> and <cite>I Will Follow You, O God</cite>. Randy Alcorn (MA, Multnomah University) is a New York Times best-selling author and the founder and director of Eternal Perspective Ministries. Alcorn has written over forty books, including The Treasure Principle, Heaven, If God is Good, and the Gold Medallion winner Safely Home, as well as the graphic novel, Eternity. He has also authored and contributed to several books for Crossway, including Tell Me About Heaven, For the Fame of God's Name, and O Love That Will Not Let Me Go. He has written for many magazines, has been a guest on hundreds of radio, television, and online programs, and has taught on the adjunct faculties of Multnomah University and Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon. The father of two married daughters, Alcorn lives in Oregon with his wife and best friend, Nanci. They are the proud grandparents of five grandsons. John Piper (DTheol, University of Munich) is teacher and founder of desiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College and Seminary. He served for 33 years as senior pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Minneapolis and is author of more than 50 books, including Desiring God, Don't Waste Your Life, This Momentary Marriage, Bloodlines, and Does God Desire All to Be Saved? John MacArthur is the pastor of Grace Community Church in California and president of The Master's College and Seminary, as well as a best-selling author. He can be heard on the Grace to You radio program, which broadcasts daily around the world on nearly 2,000 stations in English and Spanish.
- PublisherCrossway Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationWheaton, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrossway Books
- Content Notefrontispiece
- Weight188 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJohn Piper,Justin Taylor
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.