All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTools, tips and strategies to stop the cycle of 'busy' and start getting ahead Stand Out shows you how to stop working so much, and start achieving instead. Everyone is busy, but working harder to do more isn't getting us anywhere. We're overwhelmed, distracted and detached, and our greatest fear is that this will never change. This book is your guide to taking back your life. Through simple models, robust diagstics and practical suggestions you'll identify where you are w and how to implement real change. Explore how to move on from Check Out (the sense that you are just going through the motions), combat Burn Out (the feeling that you're on a treadmill that is dialled too fast for your legs, brain and talents to keep pace with) and move through Freak Out (that overriding anxiety generated by kwing where you want to go but t getting any traction). Real-life stories, anecdotes and ?life hacks' provide ideas you can implement immediately, while in-depth discussion of psychological theory explains the science behind the actions. The goal is t to find your One True Passion, but to identify what's most important right w. When you're clear on purpose and actually making progress, you hit the sweet spot of activity that allows your talents to shine. The concept of 'being at work' has changed. We're expected to be plugged in 24/7, and continually expected to do more and more with the same 24 hours in every day. Organisations suffer, families suffer and workers suffer ? so why do we perpetuate this cycle? This book shows you how to hop off the hamster wheel and thrive through relentless change by doing less ? but by doing it smarter. * Treat self-care as an imperative for success * Connect to what's important here and w * Stop day-dreaming and put action to purpose * Take control of your day, your path and your life It's t about productivity training or the latest organisational system ? it's about having the tools, mindset and skills in place to make your activities work for you. Stand Out helps you find the courage and optimism to live the life you crave, let go of the ?shoulds' and shows you how to prioritise what really matters.
- Author BiographyAlison Hill is Australia's coolest psychologist. A regular on mainstream TV and in print media, she is the co-founder of Pragmatic Thinking, a behaviour and motivation strategy company that carries a client list such as Pepsico, Suncorp, McDonald's and Siemens, to name a few. An international and in-demand keynote speaker and even more in-demand mum, Ali is also the best-selling co-author of Dealing with the Tough Stuff.
- Author(s)Alison Hill
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Australia Ltd
- Date of Publication25/08/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationMilton, QLD
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Weight302 g
- Width141 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.