All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, Dr. Gradillas shares both his upbeat philosophy of education and the practical school management techniques that helped translate that philosophy into success for thousands of students over three decades. The book focuses on three areas that are key to the operation of an effective school: School climate, instruction, and curriculum. It includes many references to the Garfield High School experience, as well as to other schools where Gradillas was at the helm.
- Author BiographyHenry Gradillas has served education as a teacher and administrator in California and Michigan, and as a speaker and consultant throughout North America. He and his wife Gayle live near Ashland, Wisconsin where he continues to work as a tutor, substitute teacher, and court interpreter. Jerry Jesness has taught English, ESL, Spanish, special education, and social studies in his thirty year education career. His writing has appeared in Harper's, Reason Education Week, Teacher Magazine, Principal Magazine, Intellectual Capital, Texas Education Review, and several newspapers.
- Author(s)Henry Gradillas,Jerry Jesness
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/11/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleNew Frontiers in Education
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight217 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byJaime Escalante
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.