All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition, revised and expanded to discuss all of Kubrick's films-including Eyes Wide Shut-again received the approval of the reclusive director, who before his death allowed the use of illustrations taken directly from his films' frames. The result is a frame-by-frame examination of the inimitable style that infuses every Kubrick movie, from the pitch-perfect hilarity of Lolita to the icy supremacy of 2001: A Space Odyssey to the baroque horror of The Shining. The book's beautiful design and dynamic arrangement of photographic stills offer a frame-by-frame understanding of how Kubrick constructed a film. What emerges is a deeply human study of one remarkable artist's nature and obsessions, and how these changed and shifted in his four decades as a filmmaker.
- Author BiographyUlrich Ruchti is an award-winning designer of international reputation. Sybil Taylor is an author, editor, and journalist. Alexander Walker is the author of over twenty books.
- Author(s)Alexander Walker,Sybil Taylor,Ulrich Ruchti
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication04/10/2000
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteBlack-and-white illustrations throughout, 8 pages of color.
- Weight910 g
- Width185 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.