All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionChristopher Buckley's new collection is a brilliant expression of philosophy and feeling. Throughout Star Apocrypha, Buckley relentlessly questions the metaphysics of life in the heavens and on earth. These poems bear the beauty and weight of big questions and dazzling language. Yet there is also a real life woven into the fabric of the book, a deep melancholy over the loss of a father and the indifference of the cosmos to our inquiries. In Star Apocrypha, Buckley exposes both physical and inner landscapes with wit and high-pitched intelligence.
- Author BiographyChristopher Buckley is the chair of the creative writing department at the University of California, Riverside. He has received two grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, most recently for 2001; a Fulbright Award to Yugoslavia; four Pushcart Prizes; and two Pennsylvania Council on the Arts grants and has twice received the Gertrude B. Claytor Memorial Award from the Poetry Society of America. Among his works are the poetry collections Fall from Grace, Camino Cielo, Dark Matter, and Blue Autumn.
- Author(s)Christopher Buckley
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2001
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight145 g
- Width165 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.