All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCoward's 'forgotten' play, published to tie in with its world premiereIn his wickedly funny final play, NoeI Coward takes us behind the scenes of a new West End production. Conjuring up an authentic backstage world of talent and treachery, Coward creates a gallery of unforgettable characters; temperamental leading lady, ruthless director, jaded old troupers and, caught somewhere between them all, incent young playwright. From tentative first rehearsal to triumphant opening night, the clash of egos becomes increasingly and hilariously bloody. But what emerges from the mayhem is a startling evocation of that most elusive gift of all - star quality.This edition, adapted by Chris Luscombe and introduced by Sheridan Morley, is published to coincide with the play's West End premiere in October 2001.
- Author BiographyNoel Coward (1899-1973) was not only an important British playwright and lyricist but he also wrote fiction, three volumes of autobiography, and numerous reflections in other genres which number well over 100 different works. He was also a distinguished actor and cabaret performer. He was easily one of this century's greatest wits.
- Author(s)Noel Coward
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/10/2001
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight88 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Volume editorChristopher Luscombe
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.