All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe heavens are beckoning us, telling us that this wonderful, mind-boggling cosmic display is indeed the work of the creator. And w, using rovers and satellites, we're venturing further out into the vastness of space than ever before. In Star Struck, Christian astromer David Bradstreet and writer Steve Rabey take readers on a guided tour of the biggest story ever, offering both intriguing science lessons and powerful spiritual insights: * As we discover more about cosmos, we understand more about the character of our Creator; * The more we see the vastness and complexity of the universe, the more we experience awe, wonder, praise, gratitude and humility; * Hundreds of Christian astromers blaze the way into deep exploration of the universe today, discovering and proving God's work in the heavens. Combining a respect and admiration for mainstream astromy with a zeal for uncovering new details about God's celestial handiwork at its core, this book about stars, planets, asteroids, nebula, comets, dark matter, and the other fingerprints of God will tell you that all of the worlds around you are God's and this world is his home for you.
- Author BiographyDavid H. Bradstreet is an award-winning professor, author and astronomy rock star who has been teaching students of all ages about the heavens since 1976 at Eastern University, where he serves as Professor and Chair of the Astronomy and Physics Department and Director of the David H. Bradstreet Observatory and Julia Fowler Planetarium. Dave earned a M.S. and Ph. D. in Astronomy and Astrophysics from the University of Pennsylvania and has worked with NASA, the National Science Foundation and the International Astronomical Union. He co-authored the Binary Maker 3.0 software program that helps astronomical researchers worldwide calculate the characteristics of binary stars. In 2014 the International Astronomical Union named the asteroid 5826 Bradstreet in honor of Dave's work in binary stars and for his innovative digital planetarium curriculum. Dave has been happily married to his best friend, Colleen, for 39 years.
- Author(s)David Hart Bradstreet,Steve Rabey
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width137 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.