Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis special 240-page limited edition includes 5 hand-signed, archival-quality 10 X 12 gicle prints, as well as 40 exclusive artworks and 50 extra pages showing artists' processes and sketches. Star Wars and comics share a history as long as the Star Wars Saga itself: Star Wars debuted both on the silver screen and the printed page in 1977, when, a few months after the first film's premiere, Marvel Comics began publishing a monthly series inspired by the characters, worlds, and adventures of Episode IV: A New Hope . Soon, a daily comic strip followed, and w, more than three decades later, countless ongoing and limited comic-book series from Dark Horse Comics continue to enrich and expand the Star Wars Galaxy. Star Wars Art: Comics brings together the very best artwork from the entire history of Star Wars comics publishing, including original and finished art from the top comics artists, cartoonists, painters, and illustrators working in the industry. Hand-selected and curated by George Lucas, this volume includes pencil roughs, inked pages, concept art, and fully painted covers and interior art from the original Marvel Comics series, The Star Wars comic strip, more than two decades of Star Wars comics from Dark Horse Comics, and officially licensed Japanese manga. Featuring the work of Howard Chaykin, Al Williamson, Gene Colan, Dave Cockrum, Drew Struzan, Carmine Infanti, and many more, Star Wars Art: Comics is a celebration of the worldwide inspiration that is Star Wars , as well as a look at the creative process behind the page.
- Author BiographyJ. W. Rinzler currently serves as executive editor at Lucasfilm. George Lucas is the founder and chairman of Lucasfilm.
- Author(s)Virginia M. Mecklenburg
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight3198 g
- Width267 mm
- Height318 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementLimited ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.