Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionStarbursts are important features of early galaxy evolution. Many of the distant, high-redshift galaxies we are able to detect are in a starbursting phase, often apparently provoked by a violent gravitational interaction with ather galaxy. In fact, if we did t kw that major starbursts existed, these conference proceedings testify that we would indeed have difficulties explaining the key properties of the Universe! These conference proceedings cover starbursts from the small-scale star-forming regions in nearby galaxies to galaxy-wide events at high redshifts; one of the major themes of the conference proved to be scalability , i.e., can we scale up the small-scale events to describe the physics on larger scales. The key outcome of this meeting - and these proceedings - is a resounding yes to this fundamental, yet profound question. The enhanced synergy facilitated by the collaboration among observers using cutting-edge ground and space-based facilities, theorists and modellers has made these proceedings a true reflection of the state of the art in this very rapidly evolving field.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/06/2005
- FormatMixed media product
- Series TitleAstrophysics and Space Science Library
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 329
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight748 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byRichard De Grijs,Rosa M. Gonzalez Delgado
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.