All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhen free spirit Donna George succumbs to heroin addiction, her dreams of a magical California life with her daughters deteriorate into a nightmare of neglect and abandonment. A couple of drug busts and a judge compel her to enter a hardcore rehab called Sunflower House, a program whose reputation precedes it. For 17 months she endures confrontation and humiliation, with choice but to face herself. She must fight through her weaknesses and painful past in order to stay and experience the turnaround Staff insists she will undergo. Can she find her way through the abyss, and be graced with a second chance at life? Can she be a mother again, and a woman of self respect? Though Donna does shameful and hurtful things in the depths of addiction, you'll find yourself rooting for her. Starfish is a riveting story that shows what it takes for some addicts to recover. Thirty day rehabs don't work for everyone. Some need the harsh reality of a program like Sunflower House to get to the roots of the cunning disease of addiction. Buy this powerful memoir to start reading this inspiring tale today!
- Author BiographyDonna George recovered from opiate addiction in a long-term California drug program in the 1980s, which she wrote about in her 2012 memoir, STARFISH. She lives on the East Coast, and is currently writing a coming-of-age book. Ms. George returned to university in her 50s and earned a BA in English Literature (and almost an MA). Author website: http: //donnamgeorge.com STARFISH: A Mother's Recovery from Addiction is available in paperback and e-book formats. The author can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Donna M George
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.