Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionStarfish stems from Alice's mother's death. Alice was studying Medicine at university when her mother was diagsed with cancer. Alice, therefore, was in a unique position to care for her mother at home due to her training. The book delivers an honest, open account of caring for someone who is dying from a personal but also clinical point of view. It demonstrates just how much love for someone can hurt. Subsequently, when Alice's mother died, she attempted suicide. Alice was admitted to a psychiatric unit and the vel follows her as she struggled to live a life without her best friend, her mother. Alice was diagsed with depression and was transported from working in hospitals to being a patient. She found this transition hard at the beginning and could t comprehend how to live. She received much support from various clinicians and slowly began to rebuild her life.
- Author(s)Alice Addison
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationEssex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight360 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.