All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionWhat exactly distinguishes the good life? Is it pleasure? Is it virtue? Is it wisdom? Or is it something else? Each of the ancient philosophers of Greece and Rome had an answer, because for them it was the most important question. Stargazers takes us into their lives, depicting their efforts to understand the nature of ultimate reality and to live a life in accord with that understanding. Thus transported, we discover also the source of many of our own ideas concerning the cosmos, God, humankind, and the flourishing life. Stargazers is an invitation to return to the beginning, extended cordially to all, but most especially to those who have yet to encounter Plato's dear delight, philosophy. The quest begins and ends in wonder, and, along the way, reveals its power to transform both our perception of the world and our way of living in it.
- Author BiographyPaul Rossetti Bjarnason is a former mathematics teacher and currently a publisher of educational handbooks. He has an MPhil in Ancient Cultures and has taught high school philosophy. He takes seriously the notion of the flourishing life - not just for the few, but for the many.
- Author(s)Paul Rossetti Bjarnason
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Content Note1 map
- Weight299 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.