All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA love letter to the cinema from the House of Dior, featuring legendary screen actresses in signature Dior. Embraced by Hollywood and the iconic women who are its stars, the fashions of Christian Dior have been worn by the likes of Marlene Dietrich in Stage Fright, Lauren Bacall in How to Marry a Millionaire, Ava Gardner, Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, Elizabeth Taylor and, more recently, Charlize Theron, Penelope Cruz, and Nicole Kidman. Well before the successes that were to propel Dior to the forefront of the fashion world, the master couturier put his talent to work as a costume designer for the cinema, collaborating with renowned filmmakers and creating timeless ensembles for legendary actresses. Following the untimely death of the designer, the House of Dior's involvement with the cinema continued, from 1958 to the present, with more than fifty films featuring the stars of the silver screen dressed in signature Dior. Combining fashion photography and rarely seen and never before published behind-the-scenes photographs, this gorgeously produced volume showcases Dior's creations for film and the movie stars who brought them to life, and is a must for those who aspire to high style.
- Author BiographyChristian Dior (1905 1957) debuted his first collection of long hemlines and full skirts in Paris in 1947 to great acclaim. Mr. Dior went on to become a master of couture design, creating the New Look, a vision of seductive femininity. For his achievements, the French government awarded him the Legion of Honor in 1950. Today, Christian Dior is a global brand operating on every continent with over 200 store locations worldwide.
- Author(s)Florence Muller
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication11/05/2012
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 Colour
- Weight1701 g
- Width254 mm
- Height337 mm
- Spine35 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.