Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionMulticore microprocessors are w at the heart of nearly all desktop and laptop computers. While these chips offer exciting opportunities for the creation of newer and faster applications, they also challenge students and educators. How can the new generation of computer scientists growing up with multicore chips learn to program applications that exploit this latent processing power? This unique book is an attempt to introduce concurrent programming to first-year computer science students, much earlier than most competing products. This book assumes programming background but offers broad coverage of Java. It includes over 150 numbered and numerous inline examples, as well as more than 300 exercises categorized as conceptual, programming, and experiments. The problem-oriented approach presents a problem, explains supporting concepts, outlines necessary syntax, and finally provides its solution. All programs in the book are available for download and experimentation.
- Author BiographyBarry Wittman is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at Elizabethtown College. His areas of active research are computer science pedagogy, particularly for parallel computing, and approximation algorithms for graph problems. Aditya Mathur is a Professor of Computer Science at Purdue University. He has taught courses in computer science at all levels since 1972. He has written several books, the most well-known being an introduction to microprocessors, the first book of its kind published in India. Aditya has published extensively in international journals and conferences in the area of software engineering.
- Author(s)Aditya Mathur,Barry Wittman,Tim Kob
- PublisherPurdue University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPurdue University Press
- Weight1383 g
- Width213 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.