All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearn over 50 essential words at the heart of Italian and how to put them together to make yourself understood. This 1-hour basic introduction to Italian with the Michel Thomas Method will get you speaking the language immediately: books, pens, memorizing - just listen, connect and speak. How does it work? During the course, you will join Michel Thomas and two students in a live lesson, hearing both their successes and their mistakes to keep you motivated and involved throughout the course. Within the very first hour you will be able to construct simple phrases by listening and thinking out answers for yourself without the pressure of writing or memorizing. Why is the method so successful? The Michel Thomas Method was perfected over 50 years by celebrated psychologist and linguist Michel Thomas. This unique method works with your brain and draws on the principles of instructional psychology. Kwledge is structured and organised so that you assimilate the language easily and don't forget it. The method breaks down the language into building blocks that are introduced sequentially in such a way that you create your response and move on to ever-more-complex sentences. You'll stick with it because you'll love it. Where do I go next? After you finish your Start course, you can move to the Total Italian course, which includes 7 hours of audio and a practice CD-ROM. Perfect Italian follows on from the Total course with 10 hours of audio and a practice CD-ROM. Learn anywhere Don't be tied to chunky books or your computer, Michel Thomas Method audio courses let you learn whenever you want: at home, in your car, or on the move with your MP3 player.
- Author BiographyMichel Thomas (1914-2005) had an amazing life. Born in Poland, he spent his early years in Germany and then in France, where he studied psychology at the Sorbonne in Paris. When war broke out, he fought with the Resistance and suffered imprisonment in slave labour camps. At the end of the the war he joined the US liberation army and later settled in the US where he established his world-famous language school. For more than 50 years he taught languages to the rich and famous and was the world's most sought-after language teacher.
- Author(s)Michel Thomas
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication27/05/2011
- LanguageEnglish & Italian
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Education
- Weight130 g
- Width140 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time3600
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.45
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.56
- AU $40.99Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $50.34
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.04
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $36.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.