CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a thoroughly fresh, contemporary, lively and accessible introduction to learning English for young adult and adult learners. With a clear, attractive format, and beautiful, modern illustrations, Starting English focuses on real, practical English for topics like: meeting people, speaking on the telephone, making appointments, family, employment, transport, entertainment and more. The units cover situations, dialogues, basic grammar, practice and listening. Starting English also includes the added special feature of cultural tips - helpful pointers to aspects of British culture linked to the language topics. The book is accompanied by an audio CD (affixed within the book) with lively dialogues and readings. Starting English is perfect for self-study or for coursework. Developed and written by an experienced language writer and teacher, the text is accessible and engaging, and based on proven methodology. The fabulous illustrations are contemporary and sophisticated, so perfect for teenagers and adults. Enjoyable and educational, Starting English is the new way forward for learning English.
- Author BiographyTracy Traynor is an experienced language writer and editor, who has commissioned, developed and written language learning materials for Berlitz, BBC Worldwide, Oxford University Press, Heinemann Educational, Cambridge-Hitachi and Linguaphone. A graduate of Corpus Christi College, Oxford, Tracy has also taught English overseas. Anna Wilman grew up in Sheffield and moved to London to study illustration at Kingston University. Since graduating in 2003, she has lived and worked in London. Her work can be found in textile prints, greetings cards, fine art commissions, as well as book illustrations.
- Author(s)Tracy Traynor
- PublisherMilet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2006
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMilet Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date21/10/2015
- Content Note1
- Weight394 g
- Width200 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Anna Wilman
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio (Performance - spoken word)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.