All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a thoroughly fresh, contemporary, lively and accessible introduction to learning English for young adult and adult Turkish speakers, with additional text in Turkish for making learning easier. The first bilingual title in the Starting English series, which will include more bilingual editions aimed at speakers of specific languages who are learning English. With a clear, attractive format, and beautiful, modern illustrations, Starting English for Turkish Speakers focuses on real, practical English for topics like: meeting people, speaking on the telephone, making appointments, family, employment, transport, entertainment and more. The units cover situations, dialogues, basic grammar, practice and listening. Starting English for Turkish Speakers also includes the added special feature of cultural tips - helpful pointers to aspects of British culture linked to the language topics. The book is accompanied by an audio CD (affixed within the book) with lively dialogues and readings. Starting English for Turkish Speakers is perfect for self-study or for coursework. Developed and written by experienced language writers, the text is accessible and engaging, and based on proven methodology. The fabulous illustrations are contemporary and sophisticated, so perfect for teenagers and adults. Enjoyable and educational, Starting English for Turkish Speakers is the new way forward for learning English.
- Author BiographyTracy Traynor is an experienced language writer and editor, who has commissioned, developed and written language learning materials for Berlitz, BBC Worldwide, Oxford University Press, Heinemann Educational, Cambridge-Hitachi and Linguaphone. A graduate of Corpus Christi College, Oxford, Tracy has also taught English overseas. Anna Wilman grew up in Sheffield and moved to London to study illustration at Kingston University. Since graduating in 2003, she has lived and worked in London. Her work can be found in textile prints, greetings cards, fine art commissions, as well as book illustrations. Orhan Dogan has taught English in Turkey for over 20 years and has developed and written English language teaching materials since 1996. He is a graduate of istanbul's prestigious Bosphorous University.
- Author(s)Tracy Traynor
- PublisherMilet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication18/01/2007
- LanguageEnglish & Turkish
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMilet Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date21/10/2015
- Content Note1
- Weight364 g
- Width200 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Anna Wilman
- Translated byOrhan B. Dogan
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio (Performance - spoken word)
- Edition StatementBilingual edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.