All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionNo matter the sport, everyone has to start somewhere. The simple sport of running is different. Running came natural to us as kids but for various reasons, many of us gave it up at some point. In Starting Off on the Right Foot, best-selling author CJ Hitz (Smoothies For Runners) shares some of the valuable information he's learned along the way since picking up running again in 2008. After running in the 1989 State Cross Country meet in Eugene, Oregon as a high school sophomore, CJ gave up running for nearly 20 years before being drawn back into the sport. In this book geared toward those new to running and those coming back after years away, readers will learn about... *Why nutrition is important *Pre-run nutrition tips *Post-run nutrition tips *Running to lose weight *The importance of fruit & veggies *The importance of the long run *Incorporating hills and speed into training *Dehydration *Running shoes and racing flats *Valuable things learned by several elite runners *Some of CJ's lessons learned (the hard way) *And more As you begin this adventure of running, this little book will serve as a guide to help you enjoy this wonderful sport for years to come. Let's start things off on the right foot!
- Author BiographyCJ is an author, speaker and entrepreneur. CJ attended Anderson University (Indiana) where he received his BA in Sociology. He also met his wife Shelley at this fine institution while doing some time in prison...prison ministry that is. In his downtime, he enjoys spending time outdoors running, hiking and exploring God's beautiful creation. He also does a pretty mean impression of Scooby Doo and Shaggy. CJ and Shelley reside in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Author(s)Cj Hitz
- PublisherBody and Soul Publishing
- Date of Publication27/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBody and Soul Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.