All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyProgrammingLab(TM) does t come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyProgrammingLab search for 0134059859 / 9780134059853 Starting Out with C++ from Control Structures through Objects, Brief Version plus MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 8/e, which includes: *0134014863 / 9780134014869 MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Starting Out with C++ CSO, Brief Version *0134037324 / 9780134037325 Starting Out with C++ from Control Structures through Objects, Brief Version MyProgrammingLab should only be purchased when required by an instructor. For introductory courses in computer programming A Problem-Solving Approach to Programming In Starting Out With C++: From Control Structures through Objects, Brief Edition, Gaddis takes a problem-solving approach, inspiring students to understand the logic behind developing quality programs while introducing the C++ programming language. This style of teaching builds programming confidence and enhances each student's development of programming skills. This edition in the Starting Out With Series covers the core programming concepts that are introduced in the first semester introductory programming course. As with all Gaddis texts, clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise and practical real-world examples, and an abundance of exercises appear in every chapter. The Eighth Edition is updated and revised to reflect changes to the C++ programming language. Also available with MyProgrammingLab(TM) This title is also available with MyProgrammingLab to help students fully grasp the logic, semantics, and syntax of programming. Through practice exercises and immediate, personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab improves the programming competence of beginning students who often struggle with the basic concepts and paradigms of popular high-level programming languages. MyProgrammingLab consists of hundreds of practice exercises organized around the structure of this textbook. For students, the system automatically detects errors in the logic and syntax of their code submissions and offers targeted hints that enable students to figure out what went wrong-and why. For instructors, a comprehensive gradebook tracks students submissions and provides educators a dynamic tool for monitoring individual and class performance.
- Author BiographyTony Gaddis is the principal author of the Starting Out With series of textbooks. He has nearly two decades of experience teaching computer science courses, primarily at Haywood Community College. Tony is a highly acclaimed instructor who was previously selected as the North Carolina Community College Teacher of the Year and has received the Teaching Excellence award from the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development. The Starting Out With series includes introductory textbooks covering Programming Logic and Design, Alice, C++, JavaTM, Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R), Microsoft(R) Visual C#, Python, and App Inventor, all published by Pearson.
- Author(s)Tony Gaddis
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication08/01/2015
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1646 g
- Width204 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.