All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.25
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.47
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.42
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.47
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.41
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.60
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.55
About this product
- DescriptionSince her remarkable debut in 1948, Elizabeth Spencer has transfixed readers with her uncanny ability to portray how twisted, chafing, inescapable, and life-supporting (Alice Munro) the ties are that bind families and marriages. Here, with nine new stories, Spencer maps the murky territory between our obligations and our desires (David L. Ulin, Los Angeles Times), revealing the deep emotional fault lines and unseen fractures that lie just beneath the veneer of rmal family life. Compared to Cheever and Hawthorne, Spencer affirms her stature as one of the outstanding living writers of the American South.
- Author BiographyWinner of the PEN/Malamud prize and five O. Henry awards, Elizabeth Spencer is the author of nine novels, six short story collections, a memoir, and a play. She lives in North Carolina.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Spencer
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication04/11/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiveright Publishing Corporation
- Weight170 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.