All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionVoice-over acting is longer all about having that anuncer-y boom or classic fireside radio voice. More and more casting directors are looking for regular, conversational voices to represent a product in a commercial or to play the animated moose in a new Hollywood flick, but the competition is fiercer w than ever before. In a business that is more risk than reward, more heartbreak than success, author Talon Beeson will show you in Starting Your Career in Voice-Overs how to beat the odds, improve your skills, make the right connections, and build a career in the voice-over business. Some of the topics covered in this book include: Warm-up exercises for the voice Reading everything--jokes, telephone numbers, video games, commercials, feature films, and more Cold reads Analyzing scenes and translating that analysis to voice Creating demo tapes Representing and marketing yourself effectively Equipment and recording at home And many more! This instructional book for professionals presents readers with varying techniques, exercises, and theories to practice--a vocational foundation guaranteed to elevate an actor's game. In an ingenious and instructive way, Beeson relates voice work to the greatest dramatist of all times, William Shakespeare. This is an added bonus for the classically inclined individual and provides excellent training for every actor. This intellectually informed book is designed improve your voice skills and teach you the basics of the business--the ultimate preparation for any serious actor seeking to pursue this field. Surrounded by microphones, voice-over actors are a unique breed who require additional and different skills to create their reality, and Talon Beeson shows you how to do just that in Starting Your Career in Voice-Overs. Allworth Press, an imprint of Skyhorse Publishing, publishes a broad range of books on the visual and performing arts, with emphasis on the business of art. Our titles cover subjects such as graphic design, theater, branding, fine art, photography, interior design, writing, acting, film, how to start careers, business and legal forms, business practices, and more. While we don't aspire to publish a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are deeply committed to quality books that help creative professionals succeed and thrive. We often publish in areas overlooked by other publishers and welcome the author whose expertise can help our audience of readers.
- Author BiographyTalon Beeson is an actor, director, and teacher. Talon received his BFA in Musical Theatre from Shenandoah Conservatory and his MFA in Acting from DePaul University. After years on stage, he started working in voice-over in 2000 and has been heard in many commercials including DeVry, Johnsonville, Kingsford, and several others. Currently he is the narrator of the syndicated TV show Divorce Court, the voice director for the hit HGTV show You Live in What?, and his voice can be heard in the game Grand Theft Auto V. He teaches privately at the SAG Conservatory and currently lives in Los Angeles with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Talon Beeson
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleStarting Your Career
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.