All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a new introduction to Heidegger, guiding the student through the overall development of his ideas. Covering all the key concepts of Heidegger's work, Starting with Heidegger provides an accessible introduction to the ideas that are embodied in his magnum opus, Being and Time . Thematically structured, the book encourages the reader to engage with Heidegger's thought, leading him or her to a more thorough understanding of the roots of his philosophical concerns. Drawing on a wide range of Heidegger's lectures and manuscripts, the book shows how Heidegger came to arrive at the existential analysis of Being and Time and how he continued to develop insights into the problems which motivated it. Crucially, contextual detail and intellectual influences, from Husserl to Nietzsche, are introduced with an eye to uncovering the basic motivations behind Heidegger's complex formulations, elucidating t only what Heidegger wrote, but how he thought philosophy should be practised. This is the ideal introduction for anyone coming to the work of this challenging thinker for the first time.
- Author BiographyTom Greaves is lecturer in philosophy at the University of East Anglia, UK.
- Author(s)Tom Greaves
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/03/2010
- Series TitleStarting with...
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.