All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionGottfried Leibniz has been one of the most important and influential philosophers of the seventeenth century and, alongside Descartes and Spiza, one of three great early modern Rationalist thinkers. Covering all the key concepts of his work, Starting with Leibniz provides an accessible introduction to the ideas of this hugely significant thinker. Thematically structured, the book leads the reader through a thorough overview of Leibniz's thought, resulting in a more complete understanding of the roots of his philosophical concerns.Offering coverage of the full range of Leibniz's philosophical ideas, the book explores hiswork on substance, mind, body, matter, dynamics and the philosophy of science, God, free will. Crucially the book introduces the major influences on Leibniz's thought, including Aristotle, Descartes, Spiza, and Malebranche. This is the ideal introduction for anyone coming to the work of this important thinker for the first time.
- Author BiographyRoger Woolhouse is Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at the University of York, UK. Hie previous publications include John Locke: A Biography (CUP, 2007), Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz (Routledge, 1993), Leibniz: Philosophical Texts (OUP, 1998) and Leibniz's 'New System' (OUP, 1997).
- Author(s)Roger Woolhouse
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/11/2010
- Series TitleStarting with...
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.