All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionIt is with great pleasure that I am writing the preface for my little book, Starting with the Unit Circle , in the office of Springer Verlag in Heidel- berg. This is symbolic of the fact that I have once again joined in the main- stream of scientific exchange between East and West. Since the establishment of the People's Republic of China, I have written An Introduction to Number Theory for the young people studying Number Theory: for the young people studying algebra, Prof. Wan Zhe-xian (Wan Che-hsien) and I have written Classical Groups ; for those studying the theory of functions of several complex variables, I have written Har- monic Analysis of Functions of Several Complex Variables in the Classical Domains , * and for university students I have written Introduction to Higher Mathematics . The present volume had been written for those who were beginning to engage in research at the Chinese University of Science and Techlogy and at the Guangdong Zhongshan University. Its purpose is ne other than to make the students see the crucial ideas in their simplest manifestations, so that when they go on to the more complex parts of modem mathematics, they will t be without guidance. For example, in the first chapter when I point out that the Poisson kernel is just the Jacobian of some transformation, I am merely revealing the source of one of the main tools in my work on harmonic analysis in the classical domains.
- Author(s)L. K. Hua
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/11/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight302 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byKuniko Weltin
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1981
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.