All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionStart-up w, get inspired to create a high impact international business, make a difference by putting ideas into action, and produce a return on investment with your talents. Entrepreneurs gain satisfaction by using their talents to produce new wealth for both society and themselves. In a modern world, employment choices typically fit established institutional rms. A good job in a government bureaucracy or a large corporation, with its abundance of restrictive policies, may t provide much work satisfaction despite the employment benefits and stability. If you have ever thought, dreamed, imagined, or fantasized about starting a business, or being part of a company doing creative work with a purpose, then you have started to connect with your entrepreneurial spirit. This book is for anyone who wants to better understand the entrepreneurial approach. It originated from the first entrepreneurship course I taught at the University of Pisa from 2011 through 2014 and is based on over 15 years of experience as an entrepreneur of venture backed techlogy companies. The course was designed for PhD researchers and MBA students looking to expand their work opportunities beyond their traditional prescribed paths into institutions and corporations. This material is t only for academic researchers, it assumes that entrepreneurship is latent in all people. Traditionally, we are taught t to aim for self-employment through entrepreneurship during the years of primary education. Anyone with an advanced education, self-motivation, ambition, a vision for how to improve the world, a good attitude, and a willingness to take on the challenge of actively exploring entrepreneurial pursuits, should be able to follow the material and put it to use in their own efforts. If you currently own or are working in a company and want to invate and expand the business, this book might be of value in inspiring you to grow a high impact international business by leveraging the business you are already doing. Read it to prepare for the journey and put the concepts into action; do t be a passive reader. Start-up w, get inspired to create a high impact international business, make a difference by putting ideas into action, and produce a return on investment using your talents.
- Author BiographyRay Garcia is the managing director of Buoyant Capital, a global peer advisory think tank addressing the growth challenges of small to medium sized enterprises. The firm coordinates its team of experts to help its clients improve competitiveness through talent management, global market expansion partnership access, technology asset management, capital investment and restructuring. Buoyant Capital was founded in 2000 in New York City and has helped launch several start-up companies and works as an advisory to company founders, CEO's, and their investors. Ray has over 20 years of experience as a technology entrepreneur, as company CTO co-founder, for four venture-backed companies. Earlier in his career, he worked as an executive for major banks including, Citicorp, Republic National Bank (now HSBC), Bank of America, and as a technology consultant to several large U.S. multi-national corporations. In 2008, he was elected to serve as an executive in resident at MIT Media Lab. Since 2010 he serves on the advisory board of Baruch College Field Center for Entrepreneurship. From 2011 to 2014, he taught an accelerated course in entrepreneurship at the University of Pisa, Italy, School of Economics, to PhD candidates and International MBA executives with a focus on innovation, technology transfer and venture spin-offs. In 2015 he is serving as a business expert to E.U. Commission Horizon 2020 SME innovation instrument where he will evaluate commercialization grant proposals of technology ventures.
- Author(s)Ray Garcia
- PublisherBuoyant Capital
- Date of Publication22/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBuoyant Capital
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.