All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChildren's Choice Winner at the School Library Association's Information Book Awards 2014 The Anxiety Gremlin loves one thing - to feed on your anxiety! But watch out, as the fuller he gets, the more anxious you get! How can you stop him? Starve him of his favourite food - your anxiety - and he'll shrink and shrivel away. Starving the Anxiety Gremlin is a unique and award-winning resource to help young people understand different types of anxiety and how to manage them, including panic attacks, phobias, social anxiety, generalised anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. Based on cognitive behavioural principles that link thoughts, feelings and behaviours, the techniques described help young people to understand why they get anxious and how they can 'starve' their anxiety gremlin in order to manage their anxiety. This engaging workbook uses fun activities and real life stories, and can be used by young people aged 10+ on their own or with a parent or practitioner. It is also an ideal anxiety management resource for those working with young people, including mental health practitioners, social workers, education sector staff and youth workers.
- Author BiographyKate Collins-Donnelly has worked as a therapist, psychologist, criminologist and anger management consultant based in the UK for many years. She presently runs a successful independent consultancy practice which provides cognitive behavioural therapy, counselling, coaching and training, and is head of the Psychological and Criminological Research Division. She is the author of Starving the Anger Gremlin, Starving the Anxiety Gremlin and Starving the Stress Gremlin.
- PrizesWinner of School Library Association Information Book Awards: Children's Choice 12-16 2014.
- Author(s)Kate Collins-Donnelly
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleGremlin and Thief CBT Workbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note12 b&w line drawings
- Weight381 g
- Width173 mm
- Height246 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.55
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.30
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $68.17
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.36
- AU $67.59Trending at AU $76.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.