All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhere do I start? How do I kw if I'm asking the right questions? How do I analyze the data once I have it? How do I report the results? When will I ever understand the process? If you are new to using the Stata software, and concerned about applying it to a project, help is at hand. David Pevalin and Karen Robson offer you a step by step introduction to the basics of the software, before gently helping you develop a more sophisticated understanding of Stata and its capabilities. The book will guide you through the research process offering further reading where more complex decisions need to be made and giving 'real world' examples from a wide range of disciplines and anecdotes that clarify issues for readers. The book will help with: manipulating and organizing data; generating statistics; interpreting results; and, presenting outputs. The Stata Survival Manual is a lifesaver for both students and professionals who are using the Stata software!
- Author BiographyDavid Pevalin is Senior Lecturer in the School of Health and Human Sciences at the University of Essex, UK. He conducts research into the social influences on health and has authored a number of journal articles and reports. Karen Robson is Assistant Professor in the Department of Sociology at York University, Toronto, Canada. She does research on a wide range of topics pertaining to young people. She has written a number of journal articles on young people and has also co-authored a research methods textbook.
- Author(s)David Pevalin,Karen Robson
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, charts, graphs
- Weight1 g
- Width75 mm
- Height95 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.