All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- Description60 years ago, CLR James and a small circle of collaborators set forth a revolutionary critique of industrial civilisation. So insular was the political context that the documents of the signal effort never reached public view. Happily, times have changed. Readers have discovered much, even after all these years, to challenge Marxist (or any other) orthodoxy. They will never find a more succinct version of James' general conclusions than State Capitalism and World Revolution. In this slim volume, James and his comrades successfully predict the future course of Marxism.
- Author BiographyC. L. R. James was known and honored as a historic pioneer of the black movement and is generally regarded as one of the major figures in Pan-Africanism, as well as a leader in developing a current within Marxism that was democratic, revolutionary, and internationalist. He is the author of Beyond a Boundary, Every Cook can Govern, and Revolution. Raya Dunayevskaya was a highly respected and influential philosopher, political activist, and feminist. She was the founder of Marxist Humanism in the United States and the author of Marxism and Freedom and The Power of Negativity. Grace Lee Boggs is an author, lifelong social activist, and feminist. She is known for her years of political collaboration with C. L. R. James and Raya Dunayevskaya. She is the author of The Next American Revolution: Sustainable Activism for the Twenty-First Century. She lives in Detroit, Michigan. Martin Glaberman was an influential American Marxist, teacher, and autoworker. Paul Buhle is a retired senior lecturer at Brown University and author or editor of 35 volumes, including histories of radicalism in the U.S. and the Caribbean, studies of popular culture, and a series of nonfiction comic art volumes. He was founding editor of the journal Radical America, Cultural Correspondence, the director of the Oral History of the American Left archive at New York University, one of the founding figures of the new Students for a Democratic Society, and a leader of the Movement for a Democratic Society. He is the author of The Beats, and Living for Change. He lives in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Author(s)C. L. R. James,Grace Lee Boggs,Raya Dunayevskaya
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Weight165 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.