CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in Shanghai to Jewish Russian parents who fled the Bolshevik Revolution, Liliane Willens is a statelessA girl in the world's most cosmopolitan city. But when the Far East explodes in conflict, the family's uncertain status puts them at risk of being stranded, or worse. Stateless in Shanghai recounts Willens' life and trials in a China collapsing under the weight of foreign invaders and civil war.
- Author BiographyLiliane Willens was born of Russian parents and raised in the former French Concession of Shanghai where she attended a French lycee. After immigrating to the United States, she received her Ph.D. from Boston University and taught at Boston College and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She now lives in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Liliane Willens
- PublisherChina Economic Review Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2011
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationChina
- ImprintChina Economic Review Publishing
- Content Note26 mono photos & 2 maps
- Weight431 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.