All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionWhile many Civil War reference books exist, there is single compendium that contains important details about the combatant states (and territories) that Civil War researchers can readily access for their work. People looking for information about the organization, activities, ecomies, demographics, and prominent personalities of Civil War states and state governments must assemble data from a variety of sources, and many key sources remain unavailable online. This volume, the first of six, provides a crucial reference book for Civil War scholars and historians, professional or amateur, seeking information about individual states or groups of states. Its principal sources include the Official Records, state adjutant-general reports, legislative journals, state and federal legislation, federal and state executive speeches and proclamations, and the general and special orders issued by the military authorities of both governments. Designed and organized for easy use, this book can be read in two ways: by individual state, with each chapter offering a stand-alone skeletal history of an individual state's war years, or across states, comparing reactions to the same event or solutions to the same problems.
- Author BiographyRICHARD F. MILLER's most recent books are In Words and Deeds: Battle Speeches in History, A Carrier at War: On Board the USS Kitty Hawk in the Iraq War, and Harvard's Civil War: The History of the Twentieth Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry. He is an independent scholar.
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of New England
- Content Note8 maps
- Weight1474 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byRichard F. Miller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.