All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoug Aitken's Station to Station project is a high speed road trip through modern creativity. Over a 23-day period, the project crossed North America by train presenting a series of cultural interventions and site-specific happenings that took place in ten cities between New York and San Francisco. The train, designed as a moving, kinetic light sculpture, was at the center of it all, housing the constantly changing group of creative individuals and broadcasting experiences to a global audience. Over one hundred unique projects took place during the journey, created by today's leading contributors in contemporary art, music, literature and culture. This volume presents the ideas that emerged from Station to Station. Stunning full-colour illustrations and multiple conversations with Aitken onboard the train documents the journey from East to West. In addition to 150 images, this book includes an introduction by Dean Kuipers and interviews with Beck, Bice Curiger, Scott Dadich, Dan Deacon, Olafur Eliasson, Urs Fischer, Liz Glynn, Carsten Holler, Thurston Moore, Giorgio Moroder, Ed Ruscha, Lawrence Weiner, and many more.
- Author BiographyDoug Aitken is an American multimedia artist whose body of work ranges from photography, print media, sculpture and architectural interventions, to narrative films, sound and video works, installations and live performance.
- Author(s)Doug Aitken
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note229
- Weight1315 g
- Width215 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsFlipback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.