All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionSTATISTICAL ALGORITHMS integrates up-to-date theoretical and algorithmic aspects of statistics under one roof. Starting with elementary algorithms on mean, median and mode, it thoroughly discusses variance, covariance, correlation, skewness and kurtosis measures, distance metrics, regression models, and variable selection methods. The chapter on matrix algorithms summarises a large number of useful results. Algorithms for the most popular discrete and continuous statistical distributions appear in chapters 9 and 10. Estimation in a missing data setup is numerically exemplified in the chapter on Expectation Maximisation (EM) algorithm. Random number generation and Monte Carlo methods are also discussed. A key feature of the book is the large number of code-snippets and pseudocode of algorithms. No prior kwledge in statistics or mathematics is assumed on the part of the reader, but only basic kwledge in computer program coding in any high-level language. This book is an invaluable resource for undergraduate students, statisticians and applied mathematicians, computer scientists, engineers and professionals working in related fields.
- Author BiographyRajan Chattamvelli.: Associate Professor of IT Periyar Maniammai University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu
- Author(s)Rajan Chattamvelli
- PublisherAlpha Science International Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2011
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlpha Science International Ltd
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.