All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionUse Excel 2013's statistical tools to transform your data into kwledge Conrad Carlberg shows how to use Excel 2013 to perform core statistical tasks every business professional, student, and researcher should master. Using real-world examples, Carlberg helps you choose the right technique for each problem and get the most out of Excel's statistical features, including recently introduced consistency functions. Along the way, he clarifies confusing statistical termilogy and helps you avoid common mistakes. You'll learn how to use correlation and regression, analyze variance and covariance, and test statistical hypotheses using the rmal, bimial, t, and F distributions. To help you make accurate inferences based on samples from a population, this edition adds two more chapters on inferential statistics, covering crucial topics ranging from experimental design to the statistical power of F tests. Becoming an expert with Excel statistics has never been easier! You'll find crystal-clear instructions, insider insights, and complete step-by-step projects-all complemented by extensive web-based resources. * Master Excel's most useful descriptive and inferential statistical tools * Tell the truth with statistics-and recognize when others don't * Accurately summarize sets of values * Infer a population's characteristics from a sample's frequency distribution * Explore correlation and regression to learn how variables move in tandem * Use Excel consistency functions such as STDEV.S() and STDEV.P() * Test differences between two means using z tests, t tests, and Excel's Data Analysis Add-in * Use ANOVA to test differences between more than two means * Explore statistical power by manipulating mean differences, standard errors, directionality, and alpha * Take advantage of Recommended PivotTables, Quick Analysis, and other Excel 2013 shortcuts
- Author BiographyConrad Carlberg started writing about Excel, and its use in quantitative analysis, before workbooks had worksheets. As a graduate student, he had the great good fortune to learn something about statistics from the wonderfully gifted Gene Glass. He remembers much of that and has learned more since. This is a book he has wanted to write for years, and he is grateful for the opportunity.
- Author(s)Conrad George Carlberg
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQue Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight796 g
- Width180 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.