All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAddresses basic aspects of research design which are central and common to many related fields in the social sciences, in the health sciences, in education, and in market research. Presents a unified approach to a common core of problems of statistical design that exists in all these fields, along with basic similarities in practical solutions. Describes many examples and analogies that are 'portable' from field to field of applications. Deals with designs that are the primary basis of research studies, but are neglected in most statistical textbooks (which tend to concentrate on statistical analysis). Takes a broader, more general and philosophical view of the statistics for the more fundamental aspects of design than do the standard treatments of experimental design. Carefully organized into seven chapters and 44 sections, this book can be readily consulted by research workers or graduate students. Extensively illustrated.
- Author BiographyLeslie Kish, PhD, was a Professor at the Institute for Social Reseach at the University of Michigan. He was President of the American Statistical Association in 1977 and was a Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Author(s)Leslie Kish
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/2004
- Series TitleWiley Classics Library
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight358 g
- Width149 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.